The global pandemic of COVID-19 has impacted everyone in ways that were unimaginable months ago. It is changing how people around the world are doing activities differently. Businesses that continue to operate are faced with protecting their employees and customers while coming up with creative ways to market and deliver their products.
During this time, everyone looks for information on the internet, due to which traditional forms of advertising have frequently begun to be utilised less and less, but that’s not the case with letterbox advertising.
The overall idea of letterbox distribution is very simple, you take a printed marketing material of your product or service and leave it in people’s letterboxes. It is a simple effective way not only to gather leads but also to keep customers informed about your business operation during this challenging time. The simplistic design doesn’t allow for distraction on the customer’s end, allowing you to quickly and effectively get your point across.
The practice of letterbox distribution has endured for such a long time because it has a lot to offer businesses. It also offers the audience with products and services they’re looking for at the right time and have therefore shown increases in return rates currently as more people are quarantined at home. As the coronavirus pandemic rages on, many businesses have collapsed, but others are overwhelmed by demand.
Here are 7 Businesses that have been thriving and can benefit from the letterbox distribution:
1. Restaurant and cafes:
This uncertain time has created unique challenges for restaurants and cafes. Staying engaged with customers while your doors are closed has been a major part of weathering this storm. In recent weeks, however, the options have grown enormously as many Restaurants and café owners are making the best out of the situation by turning their businesses into a takeaway or delivery-only operation.
As people are staying in, many people must be tired of cooking or missing the taste from their favorite restaurants so one of the best ways to keep the customers informed about your business operation is through letterbox distribution. As it gets the right information, right at the doorstep of your targeted customers mentioning:
- Opening and closing times
- Delivery and take away service and pricing
- Customised food menu
- Assuring the audience by mentioning the safety measures taken while preparing and delivering the food
2. Law firms:
With sudden changes that have been escalating quickly, there have also been rapid changes in business contracts and guidelines. This has also led to many changes in contracts for employers, employees, contractors and business firms.
At a time when so much seems to be of your control, this could also be a rare opportunity to manage your clients’ legal work and to guide them through a potentially difficult time. And during this time, letterbox distribution is one of the best options to be there for your client as it is delivered right to homes and the best part is there are no permissions needed.
Other benefits include:
- Communicating about your legal services that are in high demand during these unprecedented times.
- Less distraction involved as compared to digital advertising
- Safe and targeted method for reaching out to the right people at the right time
- More conversion rates
Dentistry is predominantly a local business and a great way of getting your message to everyone in your immediate area is via the letterbox. Dental practices have a huge advantage over plenty of other businesses; as they know that their audience will be local.
As the restriction has moved to Level 1 for the dentistry sector, now dental practices can provide more than just emergency appointments so letterbox distribution is a great option to keep your patients well informed about your current operations.
Here are some top reasons why dentistry should consider letterbox distribution now:
- Inform about your new opening hours
- Provide a list of treatments that you are now offering
You can also attach a print of decision tree for Level 1 restrictions and assure patients about your practice functioning following the legal guidelines provided by the government
- Give option about telehealth services that you might have recently started with a brief how-to
- Right messaging and timings to those who are in severe toothache or other dental emergencies
- Assuring patients that your practice is safe to visit. You can mention the precautionary measures that you are following to ensure no cross-contamination
4. Boardgame seller:
With more and more people housebound due to COVID-19, there’s never been a better time for people to spend more time indoors with the family. As people strive to stay social during a time of physical distancing, board games online or offline is seeing a boom in users. With a user base growing each day, and people looking to not only kill time but remain social, it has become one of the best ways to stay in touch with friends and family during a period of isolation.
With widespread self-quarantines around the world, many of us need fun things we can do while also social distancing. Thus, we can see that the gaming industry appears to be thriving during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, and here’s how they can benefit from letterbox advertisements during this challenging time:
- Sending catalogue of available versions of boardgames online or offline
- You can make the best use of letterbox distribution if you want to get more installs for your board game, you can also send discount offers and free trials pamphlets, coupons.
- You can also use attractive images, vibrant colours and customise designs and send out flyers about board game challenges if they are streaming locally to a target audience.
- You can drop flyers in peoples letterbox highlighting your delivery schemes for example: (If two board games are ordered at the same time you provide free delivery service)
5. Liquor store:
Throughout the coronavirus pandemic, one type of business that seems to have had an increase in activity is liquor stores.
This pandemic has led to extreme circumstances since many people are missing going Bar & Pubs for relaxation and casual drinking.
While liquor, beer and wine are sold in convenience and grocery stores in some areas, liquor stores still serve a market niche.
It has been estimated that 70 % of Australians were drinking more than usual since the COVID-19 outbreak.
This interesting time has become one great opportunity for the liquor store to upscale their business and here’s how it is even more effective through letterbox distribution:
- Print out flyers with products, delivery service, rates and cycle out them to the letterboxes of targeted local area customers.
- You can also attach prints with attractive designs about “Simple Cocktails/Mocktails Recipes” people can prepare at home during this quarantine. It will not only attract the audience but also enable them to purchase and share about your liquor store to other people.
- Create the Fear of Missing OUT (FOMO) with exciting limited time offer
- Showcase exclusive limited collection in areas where people with You can let people know about the limited edition of drink collection available at your store.
6. Online Gym Equipment Sellers:
Since the past few months, most gyms and fitness centers have had to close to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and the fitness industry has experienced its fair share of turmoil. However, quarantine has created a huge demand for home fitness equipment like exercise bikes, treadmills and rowing machines. Demand has been particularly high for smart exercise equipment, which is why online exercise equipment suppliers have seen a sharp increase in sales as a result.
- Reach out to your customers, by sending out attractive, well-designed discount coupons.
- Motivate audience to stay fit
- Display your catalogue and (contactless) home delivery options
- Run special limited time offers
7. Online Homeware Sellers:
Since most people are spending more time at home than ever during the coronavirus, homeowners may be noticing changes they would like to make to give their space a sprucing up. This has led to an increase in the number of online orders for homeware.
People are doing the little things from changing the light bulbs to buying things to assist with minor lawn and garden projects. As, printouts help spread the word about your products, services quick this time could be a good chance to reach new customers – anytime, anywhere.
- Offer an incentive in your leaflet to encourage a response, provide targeted customers with complimentary products or services
- Increase awareness about your business through product catalogues
- Provides potential customers with all the basic information they need including your contact number and how your service has been updating according to recent restrictions
Overall, the trick to running a letterbox campaign is to have the right material. It should stand out and it should be useful for your target audience. Currently, due to the situation, significant changes are implemented to the way it is delivered and operated ensuring employees and customers’ safety following the guidance of national and local public health authorities.
At Direct Mail Solutions, we can help you achieve exactly that. With over 15 years of experience, we are experts in bulk mailing and direct marketing. We are a full-service company that can help you with designing, printing, packing, and posting to your specified areas.
And as an Australian-owned company, we know and understand the market.
Safety has been prioritised by taking abundant care to minimize exposure to both employees, using technology whenever possible.